[ColorForth] Code sharing

Hello Mark

On 19-Aug-01, you wrote:

>> What I think we should do is a Forth OS (colorForth) that has :-
>>
>> 1) A very small core
>> 2) A series of standard high level vocabularies that can used if you
>> want, otherwise write the words yourself. 3) colorForth to be written for
>> as many microprocessors as possible (ie. att least 50).
>>
>> I would like Chuck Moore to be the overseer and give final approval/his
>> blessing, in the mould of Linus Torvald to ensure that colorForth stays
>> 'on track' and does not become a monster like other Forths and the ANS.
>>

> I would as well, it seems it will take a concentrated effort just to get
> colorForth to work on most PC's. I know linux/X has taken quite a while to
> get to get to it's level of hardware compatability.
>
> Mark

I hope a lot less.

FIG Forths (FIG=Forth Interest Group)  had many P.D. Forths going in the mid
to late seventies that were only 4-8K in size and ran on 1802, 6502, 6800,
6809, 68000, 8086/8, 9900, probably more.

Forth is of a magnitude smaller than other OS's.

Hopefully, this simplicity can be re-invented (or should I say, re-acquired)
with Cuck Moores and Jeff fox's help.

Regards...Martin
--
---
All things dull and ugly, All creatures short and squat,

 -- Monty Python's Flying Circus