[colorforth] precision delay

Hello,
   I was wondering if anyone has had the need for a precision delay
yet in colorForth? My own use in my graphics initialization requires a
greater than or equal to 200 microsecond delay, and also a 100 millisecond
delay. I noticed in Linux they use a udelay routine quite frequently
throughout the kernel. The code for this is quite elaborate, they use one
of two different methods based on cpu detection. Does anyone have a better
way? Otherwise I will probably just use a simplified method based on a
calibrated time stamp counter (TSC) which available on my CPU.

Mark