[ColorForth] S3 PCI video

<videocard>
<patch>
S3 ViRGE DX (86c375 chip) PCI Video Card works on my AMD K6-2-350MHz when I replace the ati0 routine in 'gen.asm' with:

ati0: mov  DX, 03d4h
      mov  AX, 1358h
      out  DX, AX
      ret

(why 1358h? 10h is the bit to 'enable linear addressing', 03h is 4MB aperture, so 13h goes to 3d5h -- and ends up in the register 58h that was sent to 3d4h; also, the card's 'displ' value is 0E4000000h and is so hardcoded elsewhere in gen.asm)
</patch>

<comment>
Chuck wants to know the general applicability of register 58h and the 'enable linear address' bit; any Plan9/Linux device driver experts able to shed light on that? I'm having a slow time trying to get other cards to try.
</comment>

<applicability>
With 'displ' hardcoded to 000A0000h if there's a blue bar (part of the logo) with parts of the letters 'colorForth' at the top of the display (as there was for my S3 ViRGE) then it's in banked VGA mode (which the above setting of register 58 changes to the correct SVGA linear addressing mode). With no blue bar presumably the above will not fix any problems. And the hardcoding of 'displ' is a dreadful stopgap.
</applicability>
</videocard>
Geof Bishop