[ColorForth] *.BLK files & Filler & FDD

Hello Viktor,

I haven't been able to run Colorforth properly myself, so I could be wrong,
but
here is how I understand what you are asking:

The FILLER file is just a file to properly position the second file which
will
be accessible to Colorforth.  The contents of FILLER don't matter.  It could
be a text file or anything which has the correct size to fill cylinder 0.

> b. How to make FAT tables and direstory on the FD

Just copy the file FILLER to any blank formated floppy.  Then copy the file
which you want to access.  Whether you use DOS or Windows shouldn't matter,
either one will make the FAT tables and directory for you.

> c. How to manipulate {read and write} *.BLK files from colorForth

The .BLK files are raw Colorforth source code in Colorforth's internal
compressed
format.  The intent is to append them to the MASM created .COM file.  There
is
currently no utility that I am aware of to read Colorforth source outside of
Colorforth itself (has anyone else done this yet?).  You should, however, be
able
to read the Colorforth blocks from the floppy into memory, switch to a DOS
formated
floppy with the FILLER file and a file to receive the blocks and write the
blocks
from memory to the file which can then be accessed by DOS or Windows in the
same
way that the current .BLK file is.

> d. How many block can I have / is it RAM size dependent?

Blocks are 1k chunks of the floppy disk.  On a 1.44 mb floppy, there will
be 1,440 blocks.