[ColorForth] Let's talk philosophy

I hired Chuck a few months ago to add TCP/IP support to colorforth.
$1000 plus some hardware and software support moved it to the top of
his list.

Unfortunately he appears to have lost interest before finishing. Chuck,
could you release the source code on your website? Maybe somebody else
will carry on.

Dirk

PS:

What others refer to when they complain about the cult like aspects
of Forth must be the constant whining about how everybody else does
everything wrong. They don't. Unix enables multiple programmers and
users with different levels of experience to share one computer. This
is a specific problem and I would bet that a Forth system that did that
would look surprisingly similar to Unix after a few years of evolution.

Forth maximizes my rate of learning by not getting in the way. It is
the only language that actually helps to really understand a problem.
Which motivates me to want to run it one the computers that I use today.
Hence my willingness to contribute.

How about we stop talking about accelerating something 1000x by cheating
and focus on increasing the usefullness of colorforth? Make it work
on more systems, finish network support, add a QWERTY version, add 3D
graphics support, add demos...