[ColorForth] x86 asm or C?

[Delurking...]

edrx@xxxxxxxxxx (Eduardo Ochs) writes:

>   2) I don't know x86 assembly (for x!="80") and I don't want to
>   learn it: from my little experience with it I got the impression
>   that I don't have enough spare neurones or years in this life.

Exactly how I feel. I'd much rather waste my time on saner
architectures; and there are many of those...

> I'm thinking on a C function that would execute {Machine,Color}Forth
> bytecode, and that I can use to build a decent Forth system on.

If you don't already know it, you might want to check out
L. Benschop's SOD32 emulator + Forth:

   http://www.xs4all.nl/~lennartb/forth.html

It's pretty much like what you propose, except that the machine
architecture is different from Chuck's designs. And its Forth is ANS.

Regards,
   --Daniel

--
Daniel Neri