[ColorForth] 25x graphics

I was thinking a bit about how one might implement video using the
25x. The 25x apears powerful enough to eliminate the need for a
frame buffer. Some quick calulations will show that a core at 2400 MIPS is
capable of updating a screen of 1024x768 pixels at 60 Hz. 18 bits are
capable of a respectable number of colors. The parallel architechture
should allow for many interesting stratagies for drawing.

Perhaps someone could tell me this, I don't know much of electronics yet,
how would the electrical interface for the video work? I've implemented a
VGA video controller once on an FPGA, it was very simple. The vertical and
horizontal syncs were generated by counters and additional logic. The
colors (RGB) were either on or off for an 8 color display. Every thing
was calculated based off a fixed clock. With this interface, I'd assume
you'd need some digital to analog converters, and perhaps something to
syncronize everything to get the timing right. Let me know what you know
about this, or perhaps point me in the right direction (books, links,
ect).

Mark