[ColorForth] how does ColorForth multitasking ?

MOwens4166@xxxxxxx wrote:

> andreas,
> which colorforth are you using: chuck moore's or terry lovall's '4word'?

I'm using terry's patch (c4-800x600-p2bd-02.zip) because the
original ColorForth didn't work on my Dell notbook. but this
is not the point, I think.

I have to add some informations about my intention.

I'm very interested in ColorForth and the way Mr. Chuck Moore solves
problems. I have read (hopefully all) the subscriptions from Mr. Jeff
Fox
about the videos Mr. Moore gaves, but I'm still missing the way Mr.
Moore is
thinking about multitaksing in a single processor. to be able to read
the ColorForth assembly program (kernel) I begun to study
the i386+ assembly language to get a clue but since i386+ assembly
isn't that easy ... I might get help.

I know about a quite simple way of doing multitasking without the must
of changing stack pointers which seems appropriate for stack machines.
if the maintask calls PAUSE the scheduler simply calls the background
task which must have a small execution time and returns via EXIT (don't
call PAUSE itself). so this background task must left the stacks
unchanged.
might an explicite scheduler isn't needed any more because it could
be the word PAUSE. this is my thinking how ColorForth could behave
but I would aks for sure.

many thanks

Andreas