[ColorForth] Hello World! / Thanks

At 08:21 AM 5/3/02 +0200, you wrote:
Bob, Tim here.

Thanks for the posting of this colorforth source,
All of these types of examples help us
colorforth newbies like myself.

That was my second colorForth program. My first was a screen saver. I think I can do it from memory:

on main load screen (18?) add:

   \r ss \g 64 load ;

then block 64:

   \C screen saver
   \r ss \g show black screen ;
   \r oo \g show black screen keyboard ; \w ss

("oo" in colorForth is "ss" on the PC keyboard).

Does this mean your far enough to make the Derby on time?

Nope. Not unless I worked on it all day, and probably not even then. We have a Derby party every year, though, so there's plenty of time to get it done by next year. But, thinking about the program for colorForth helped me notice that there's a delightfully simple way using just paper and pencil, and I'm going to do that this year. (Last year, I had a (local) web site :-)