[colorforth] Enhancement: Game of Life

Hello Bob,

Please don't stop sending emails on this subject.
:) I've found it quite interesting.  Not only is
it a good "real world" example of ColorForth that
we can sink out teeth into, but there are many
potential applications of celular automata
including image compression, simulation and
neural network processing.

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/446913.html
http://cell-auto.com/links/

Also CA seems to me to fit into that class of
problems that are "embarrassingly parrallel".
I would imagine that the game of life could
be made to run like lightning on a 25x!  Then,
after mapping an image processing or network
simulation problem onto the CA solution space
and voila!  I think things like weather, forrest
fires, ect. could be simulated via CA.  For
example, with a forrest fire simulation each
cell could be modeled by tree density, underbrush
ect. then whether it caught fire could be
based on a probability calc using the intensity
of the fire in the neighboring cells.  Doesn't
Okad use CA simulation?

John M. Drake