[ColorForth] Graphic compability

> On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Bob Shafer wrote:
> If someone knew how to fit warm boot and the new code that would be great.

I will assume you mean "how do you create the 65,512 byte sized color.com that
includes blocks?"

You can find URLs for zipped colorForth source build kits from:
http://www.users.qwest.net/~loveall/c4index.htm

Specifically colorForth version 1.0 with modified floppy DMA and either
1024x768 or 800x600 video:
http://sleepless-night.com/twiki/pub/Main/ColorForthForAsusMotherboard/c4a-p2bd
.zip
and
http://www.users.qwest.net/~loveall/binary/c4-800x600-p2bd-02.zip
respectively.

colorForth version 2.0 with 800x600 video:
http://www.users.qwest.net/~loveall/binary/c4-800x600-p2bd-03.zip

All three contain the appropriate color.blk file which must be concatenated to
the end of color.com (1.0 color.blk will not run with 2.0 color.com and vice
versa). Included is the batch file which will do this.

NOTE: 800x600 video mode is only supported in color.com. Color.blk still
assumes 1024x768. You will need to go in and edit those changes as documented
in the readme.txt.

I was wrong about my VAIO. I (finally!) tried the 2.0 800x600 on my 505g. Can
execute it from a 'safe mode' DOS 7.0 command line. Dunno about the floppy yet,
haven't tried it.

Been messing around with MASM32 and found that the 6.14 ml.exe will work
acceptably but a segmented link.exe is required. Version 5.31.009 works for me.

Regards,
Terry Loveall