[ColorForth] Boot problems.

I am trying to get colorforth working on an old machine with the following spec. :-
Pentium 1 120 Mhz, 72 Mb EDO ram, PCI S3 Trio 32/64 graphics card (2 MB graphics mem.) 2 x HDD, 1 x FDD, 1 x CD-R

In all cases I used rawrite to make the boot floppies, with the following results:-

color.com from www.colorforth.com  black screen/machine hung.

color.com from http://www.oakland.edu/~maslicke/colorforth/vesa-chuck/ 1 cm deep 3 color strip at top of screen/immediate reboot.

c4.com from Terry Loveall's site (c4-800x600-p2bd-02.zip) 2cm deep 4 color strip at top of screen/machine hung.

c4a.com from (as above) (c4a-p2bd-02.zip) black screen/machine hung

What I would like to know is, can my setup run colorforth and if so which version should I be using and how?.
Thanks in anticipation....Duncan