[ColorForth] networking

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, t wrote:

> UDP is a packet format spec. Once xmit/recieve packets can be accomplished, UDP
> is trivial to implement. Basically a matter of ensuring  length greater than 64
> bytes and filling out the specified fields. See:
> http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/people/staff/asi1/ictp/rtp/s6node5.html
> for UDP and TCP fundamentals.

Thanks for the link, that was helpful.

A question reguaring xmit/recieve for everyone. Is it better for these
operations to be blocking or non-blocking? non-blocking seems right to me,
since the operation may take some time to complete. Also if is
non-blocking what is the best way to do these operations, by polling as
part of the cooperative multitasker, or by use of interrupts? My knowledge
is still lacking with regaurd to the intended use of the cooperative
multitasker.

Thanks,

Mark