[colorforth] Graphic compability

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Alex Thiel wrote:

> How about using int 13h to read the first track off the floppy while still in
> real mode. The floppy driver could then be implemented in colorForth and
> compiled from a block <18. That would make room in the boot sector, plus the
> floppy driver can be modified without having to recompile the kernel.
>
> I will try and write some floppy code in colorForth this weekend.

Sounds worthwile. Although I was initially quite impressed with with boot
sector code, this is probably much easier and more reliable way to
bootstrap. Also here is something Chuck wrote earlier to the list:

"
Just load the appropriate blocks?
     Yes. I dream of a minimal system with the user downloading blocks
according to hardware configuration and application. This requires a
facility to relocate blocks and their references, which is unresolved.
"

So perhaps the right floppy driver can be download for your system,
instead one which handles all possible cases? It seems like an idea worth
pursuing, unless I overestimate the floppy compatability problem.

Mark