[colorforth] UDP (was: NASM for colorforth)

TFTP - Trivial File Transfer Protocol is design for just
these sorts of applications and has become a psuedo
standard for getting code onto development boards.  TFTP
runs over UDP.
--- Jecel Assumpcao Jr <jecel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday 08 July 2002 18:10, Mark Slicker wrote:
> > The UDP protocol doesn't mention splitting up the datagram, I'll
> look
> > into this issue. Does anyone know offhand?
>
> UDP doesn't. IP does (see fragmentation), but that is totally
> transparent to UDP.
>
> UDP would be an excellent choice for a simple protocol to fetch/send
> single binary blocks and it would work over the internet.
>
> -- Jecel
> as the first and only line within the message body
> Problems   -   List-Admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Main ColorForth site   -   http://www.colorforth.com
> Wiki page http://kristopherjohnson.net/wiki/ColorForth
> ColorForth index http://www.users.qwest.net/~loveall/c4index.htm

=====
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
   - Benjamin Franklin