[colorforth] PCI Soundcard

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 12:38:25PM +0200, Alice Maroudas thus spake:

>                2.  Why should one have to write for a virtual Legacy
> device (io base 220) when the soundcard is a real PCI
> device (io base a801)?  I asked the company for help, but the
> answer was "lowlevel information about our PCI devices is
> regarded as proprietary".
>
> Before I change to an open-source DAC, can anyone suggest a
> non-proprietary way to play Bernd's tada.wav explicitly thru the
> SB PCI registers?

By a PCI SB card, I presume you mean an 'SBLive!' card?
AFAIK, all SB cards are supported under Linux using freely available
drivers.

Look in the Linux kernel sources, under drivers/sound.
(and possibly drivers/sound/emu10k1 too)

--
Eric LaForest
http://pet.dhs.org/~ecl/