[ColorForth] Chuck's Posts on USB and Network

CD-R/W would be good. We use it for custom Linux CD-ROMs. Works well.
Chuck, its on the CD that you have from us.

El Torrito harddisk emulation will not work on many BIOSes. syslinux has
an assembly language program called ISOLINUX that boots of CD-ROM's in
native mode.

Also, while at it, hardware assumptions should be updated to reflect
current hardware. Many laptops now have 512MB RAM and 1600x1200 LCDs.

Dirk

---

http://freshmeat.net/releases/86270/

About: SYSLINUX is a boot loader for the Linux operating system which
operates off of MS-DOS floppies. It is intended to simplify first-time
installation of Linux, rescue disks, and other uses for boot floppies. A
SYSLINUX floppy can be manipulated using standard MS-DOS (or any other
OS that can access an MS-DOS filesystem) tools once it has been created,
and requires only a ~ 8K DOS program or ~ 16K Linux program to create it
in the first place. It also includes PXELINUX, a program to boot off a
network server using a boot PROM compatible with the Intel PXE
(Pre-Execution Environment) specification, ISOLINUX, a program to boot
off ISO 9660 CD-ROMs in native mode, and MEMDISK, a tool to boot legacy
operating systems (e.g. DOS) using a Linux boot loader regardless of
medium.