Re: [colorforth] If? and A.

Peter Appleman rightly observed that  'drop if'  won't work on the c18 as it
does on the Pentium.

Although I make a gesture at source compatibility, I'd rather solve a
problem and maintain efficiency.

The c18 is so different from the Pentium, both in resources and application,
that portable code is unlikely. However, the greater the code resemblence,
the simpler to read, write and maintain.

And please don't think the way I do it is the right way. The whole point of
Forth is to permit variation. Find a  local optimum. As we exchange ideas,
perhaps a global optimum will emerge. Perhaps not. That's evolution.