Re: [colorforth] Numbering crunching

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, [iso-8859-1] Jimmy Söderman wrote:

> I was thinking the other day, how about having
> 1 or 2 new bases, binary(base 1), and block (base 1024 bytes or 256 dwords),
> binary could be used to design bitmap font nicely in Colorforth itself, and
> Blocks to have blocks notation without calculating (i guess yellow-green
> would work too, but its a nice way too)
>
> Would like to hear what the list has to say about this.

A way to do binary might be to add a keypad to the editor. Instead of the
current toggle from decimal to hex, you could make a ring:

Decimal to hex to binary and back to decimal. You would need to share the
hex display attribute between binary and hex.

I don't understand the motivation for block numbers. Essentially they are
just a decimal number with a constant multiplication. It is not hard
define words that take block numbers as input. 'load', 'copy' and 'erase'
all do this.

Mark