Re: [colorforth] abort

Interesting aproach. You are right, it is common today to see code which
is one part computational, one part diagnostic. I've never thought about
correcting errors in the input.

I suppose crashing is ok if you don't loose important information, and
boot times are minimal. However it is seen by many as an annoyance.

My particular need for abort comes in reexamining my jpeg decoder. It
seems convienent to abort if no image header is found. The image header
contains information such as width and height which alocates spaces for
the image from which a pointer is later returned. If no header is found
perhaps I could fake the decode an return a blank image.

Mark