RE: [colorforth] Forth and XP

> I encourage you to do so. I took a quick look; XP matches two
> of my favorite words: simplicity and factoring.

To me, that's the strange thing about XP.  Simplicity and factoring--and I
mean the exact term "factoring"--have always permeated Forth literature.
Forth has always been about taking the simple and direct path from a
specification to working program.  At the time, though, there were still the
widespread delusions (and still are, I suppose) that every last detail had
to be designed and thought through before you could write a single line of
code.  But over the years the amount of Forth literature decreased
dramatically, to where there hardly is such a thing any more, but
simplicity, factoring, testing code in small pieces, and listening to
customer stories, have all come back entirely separate from the Forth
language as Extreme Programming.  In short, it strikes me a funny to see XP
applied to Forth, when in fact XP originally sprang out of Forth.