Re: RE: [colorforth] Forth and XP

> >The specification is too vague.  You need to break it
> >down into smaller, more concrete chunks.
>
> True -- but you, as the programmer, can't possibly give
> this answer. You know why :-); the customer needs to

This isn't true; as the developer, it's my responsibility to estimate the
complexity of the story.  If I can't, it's my responsibility to ask the
customer to split the story into smaller, more estimable, stories.

Of course, I should also ask, "What is an equation?", "How does one use the
inference engine?", etc.  But I didn't, because I'm not really a developer for
his software.  He already has it in his head *precisely* what he wants (since
he's developing it) -- any answer I could give would have a high probability of
not matching his expectations, consequently giving a false impression that XP
is worthless as a development process.

In order to truely participate, he needs to be a true customer, not a hybrid
customer/developer.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II