Re(6): [colorforth] merging dictionaries

Hello Mr. Malvo,
Thank you for this perfectly fine explanation. It nicely complements the
one that Mr. Slicker posted a few days ago. (Thanks Mark!)

>Mark's modification changes the structure of the dictionary so that bit 0 is
>used to indicate whether it is a macro or Forth definition.  Note that
looking
>through the dictionary is still just as fast -- a single CMP instruction per
>table entry.  Just look through the dictionary with bit 0 set if you are
>looking for a macro word, or bit 0 clear for a Forth word.

Right. This was what I first thought he meant. However, I figured he
might have meant something else, so I took a pot shot with that instead.

I guess I had an assembler in mind when I first offered my ambiguous
response to his queries. I would really would like to get colorForth to
compile itself someday.

Which reminds me, did Mr. Moore bring up the idea of "overloading" words
in a single dictionary on the list before, or did I imagine this?

>> I apologize for "pinning" you with innuendo. That was really the last
>> thing I was trying to do.
>
>AH HA!  The truth is set free!  While not at the top of your list of
>wrong-doing, it WAS on the list!  HEATHEN!  ;-)  (just kidding)

Don't be cruel! ;-)

All kidding aside, thanks for being gentle with me.

-- Art