[colorforth] Forth Portal

> > (http://forth.bespin.org).  Still not a lot of
>
> Hey, that's a Plone portal!  Cool!

Yes, it is.  :-)

Although, once I get my FS/Forth implemented under Linux, one of its first
applications will be an attempt to replace Plone with something more suited to
our specific purpose.  Plone is nice, but to configure it for what we want it
to do is not easy, and will require a lot of coding/debugging.  Plus, I find it
to run very, very slowly on bespin's server, while on my box, it's very fast.
There is no apparent explanation for this speed discrepency.  Forth ought to be
sufficiently fast enough to generate dynamic content at static HTML delivery
speeds.

One of our biggest problems, ironically, is that the forums and the portal site
aren't integrated.  I do not view this as a high priority problem; yet, it has
been noted by several potential users as an inconsistency in the user
interface.  By having a web content delivery system in place, we could bundle
forums inside the site and integrate it seemlessly.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II