Re: Re: [colorforth] A request for CF code & data for the CF block server

Billy, I was refering to this:

Server development status is as follows:

The server has been up for several days now, I can access it from home, and
use it daily. At this point the server is not backed up, It is also not
populated. The plan at hand is to back this system up to a second cf machine
via the internet, this machine will then write the archive to ide disk. This
machine is in a seperate building from the server. I am starting this as my
next colorforth task. It should not cause in itself an interruption of
service. Until then local copies are a must to prevent data loss. Further
some small changes would be needed to support the access scheme mentioned
above. I will wait for feedback, and then implement the changes if any are
suggested. If none are suggested I will start with the scheme that I have
presented here. Please keep in mind that at the moment I need to choose for
something easy to implement. Later there will be a more robust access
system. This more robust system will take month's in total to finish due to
my busy schedule. I am looking for the best easy method until then. This
will allow others to gain the benefits of this server now. Some of these
advantages are subtle, but really helpfull. It has for me almost eliminated
the swapping of floppies. I use a standard client floppy and get/develop the
code from the server. It also allows me to write protect the floppy disk.
This makes crash recovery much better, the client will "always" reboot. The
code that caused the client crash will still be on the server to try
again...

With kind regards,

Tim Neitz.
rj_cf on #c4th IRCnet