Re: [colorforth] A request for CF code & data for the CF block server

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003, pattenre wrote:

> I would setup a 32 block private read write block area for each user with
> the ability to publish finished blocks in read only public portion of the
> disk. Access to privete  areas is by absolute block number and first word in
> block if they don't match ignore user packets for 5 minutes. If they match
> shift remainder of block up 2 cells and write users IP address in cell 1
> datetime in cell 2 after password in cell 0. Allow read write block access
> to blocks offset of 0 through 31 from IP address in list on block 0 . This
> will allow access control logging. Unused user area passwords could be set
> to "color"allowing immediate logon write access by anyone knowing the
> default password. Giving your block number and password to others will allow
> teem development. When code on block is stable publish to associated public
> block.   Make "load"  relative on server  set absolute block with (  n- ) "
> parcel"

Thanks for the good ideas, I will use this information when I am
implementing the more robust access method. At the moment I'm looking for
something really simple. I have a busy schedule, and would like something to
let others get a start for the next month or two. Hopefully after that I
will have more time to spend on the access system. These ideas sound
promising! But I'm afraid it's a bit much for the little time I have now.
I will probably start with something closer to what I issued as a starting
point for now. And later get to a system that is similar to what you have
described here.

Using the persons IP address for the read/write will require a fixed IP for
the developpers. Perhaps we could use the mac address instead? I know some
of the developpers have limmited resources/access.

With kind regards,

Tim Neitz