RE: [colorforth] FS/Forth for DOS: crude performance test

> Hmmm, I wonder if Linux has VESA support? It is true I would
> not like to have an OS between colorforth and the hardware, but
> at least I can play with it a bit...

Linux talks directly to the hardware -- it neither offers nor relies upon VESA
or any other BIOS-provided services.  This is one of the reasons why perusing
the Linux source code is often called, "The best PC documentation that exists
today," as to get drivers working either involves reverse engineering the
hardware, or the generosity of some nameless employees in some big and
otherwise Windows-centric company.

I agree that the Linux source code isn't pretty -- but if that's all that
exists...

--
Samuel A. Falvo II