Re: [colorforth] forth taxonomy

Mark Slicker <maslicke@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Forth has a long history. I'm only familer with one implementation
> (colorForth), is there classification of past techiniques? I feel I would
> be more able in implementing new colorForths if I understood the breadth
> of past Forth implementations.

I don't think that is necessarily true.  Chuck wrote his more recent
creations in an attempt to go back to the roots of Forth.  He feels
that the development of Forth to look like the mainstream languages is
misguided.

If I were you, I'd ignore ANS Forth.  You're doing great, don't
contaminate yourself :-)

You might check out Chuck's history of Forth at
colorforth.com/HOPL.html

--
KBK