Re: [colorforth] colorforth.com pages, and other things.

> Better late than never;p  censorship always bugged me, perhaps the fact

???!!!  Adam, just what the heck are you talking about?  Censorship of what?
This isn't censorship we're dealing with here, but rather, webpage neglect over
time.

> that the NSA got
> the tile definition is for something, they block patents, so maybe this
> stuff is too hot.
> Too hot for what? you tell me.

Dude, there is no conspiracy here.  Please keep a level head.

> My dream is almost coming true.
> Better, simpler threading and compilation scheme.
> I have some printed code will show you soon.
> (had horrible relative/absolute address bug in previous pushopt
> optimization lol)

FS/Forth's target compiler is coming along quite nicely.  I have it compiling
words and executing host-resident compiler words (note: this is NOT FS/Forth's
compiler, but FS/Forth's *target* compiler, which is written in GForth, but is
designed to emulate, as closely as possible, the run-time environment of
FS/Forth proper, thus allowing me to write FS/Forth in a dialect of FS/Forth,
so to speak).  I already have it performing tail-call optimization, and I'm
working on numeric literals at the moment.  After that is implemented, IF and
THEN are all that remains to be implemented before I declare the core compiler
complete, and will then start working on FS/Forth's basic primitives.

> I eliminated ; and calls, now redwords compile pushes from-until nonzero
> item on data stack,

Interesting.  That's a good observation, though it does require a deep data
stack to work.  For x86 and other environments, of course, that's not an issue.
 Keep us posted on that!

--
Samuel A. Falvo II