Re: [colorforth] color assignment

On Sunday 26 October 2003 10:34 am, maslicke@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >each had their own, unique token.
>
> bit 4 of the number types, see:
> http://www.colorforth.com/parsed.html

Thanks.  I'd forgotten about that.

> >implemented as a jump-table?
>
> Show me. You snipped the reference at top, I am refering to

Yes, I understand.  Jump-tables can be implemented in assembly too, at
the expense of a register.

  ... ; after this point, EAX has 0..15 in it.
  mov eax,[table+eax*4]
  jmp eax

table:
  dd func0, func1, func2, func3
  dd ...etc..

> the word 'format' in the assembler source. I need to check
> that my implementation is correct, however the change in color
> assignment does apear to simplify this code.

I didn't mean, nor do I currently intend, to confront what you were
doing.  I was just wondering if it would help, as situations like that,
based on my experience, are often helped by re-arranging numbers to take
advantage of mod-2 arithmetic.  In your case, it couldn't be.

Anyway, you gave some more information which I hadn't known or forgotten
about which I can see would result in changing things on a more global
scale.  It makes more sense to me now.

BTW, things are going fine for me and my roommates here in San Diego.
For those who don't know (how can you not?), we are having a wild time
here with all these brush fires.  Many of my personal belongings are in
boxes and ready to move out at a moment's notice.

I watched a plane crash into the 163 south today from work -- the pilot
DID walk away, unhurt.  Not *exactly* sure why, but from what I could
see, he did a touch-n-go landing at the airport next to our In-N-Out
restaurant (presumably because he couldn't see where the runway was, and
realized he was way too far in to land safely), tried to pull up to
avoid hitting our restaurant, realized he couldn't, then did a hard,
hard bank to the left.  Thereafter, it was just a fireball.  I'm utterly
shocked (and relieved) the guy walked away.

Weather forecasts predict another day of this before any kind of
off-shore relief comes.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II