Re: [colorforth] XcolorForth crashes on read or write to frame buffer.

'frame' returns a byte address,  !  writes to a word address. You need
to divide by 4 if you wish to use  @  or  !  . Also you may
want to define a word '2!' two write two bytes to a byte address.

macro
: 2! [a!] $28966 3, [drop] ; forth

The frame buffer is 16-bits per pixel in a 5:6:5 format.