[colorforth] Some constructive criticism

Hello all,

I was wading through the "noise" at comp.lang.forth
and realized something.  There are some simple
things that the colorforth community can do to
improve colorforth's image.

For instance, The "colorforth.com" is woefully
out of date to the point of adding to the
confusion.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the
version of ColorForth available for download
at www.colorforth.com the "original" one that only
works with ATI graphics cards?  If so then there
needs to be a link that at least POINTS people
to the site where you can download the VESA
versions.  Also what about a version that uses
the ATI graphics card, but uses Terry Lovell's
floppy code?  (I noticed at least one person
who mentioned trying it on a machine with an
ATI graphics card without success.  I'm
assuming that the floppy driver was the problem.)
Also the "wish list" page doesn't properly
show what's been done already.

I realize that Chuck doesn't have time to
properly maintain this page, but there
should at least be a link to pages that are
more up to date.  The only ColorForth link
I see is to Jeff Fox's page.  Jeff's page
does have links to Windows colorforth and
XColorForth, but not to the VESA
implementations.  (At least if it's
there I didn't see it.)  So starting from
www.colorforth.com there is no way (that
I see) that people can "surf" their way
to the VESA versions of ColorForth.

A link to the ColorForth Wiki might solve
a variety of problems.  Not only the ones
that I've mentioned, but we could also
collectively build a "hardware
compatibility list" similair to what is
done for other experimental operating
systems.  For example:

http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/hcl.html

And yes, I realize that there are those at
c.l.f who are just "making noise" but
there might be others who are seriously
interested but are having a hard time
"getting started".