Re: [colorforth] DOES> How is colorForth different from other Forths?

On Saturday 13 December 2003 10:08 am, Robert Patten wrote:
> Rough draft   please edit:
> In forth  " DOES>  "   Changes the action of the last created word to
> get it's parameter address and place it on the data stack then execute
> words following " DOES> ".

and

> In  color forth  variable is provided with magenta word
> which  makes a macro entry that defers the source  variable object
> address as a constant and a forth entry that puts the  source variable
> object address on the data stack.

The lack of punctuation and abnormal word spacing really makes this hard
for me to parse.  I do not know where one concept begins and another
ends.

> I colorForth constant is  yellow words computing the value of the
> constant a red word, creating a program entry,  and a green ;
> deferring top of stack as a literal and
> deferring exit.

However, it still doesn't adequately express a substitute for the general
purpose DOES>.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II