Re: [colorforth] How is colorForth different from other Forths?

While other Forths have adapted to the same inexorable evolutionary drive
towards complexity that led animals to develope bigger brains (Gee whiz!
look what you can do with all these new features!) Colour Forth has stuck
to its original philosophy of powerful simplicity.  I think CF packs clear
and distinct ideas into the smallest possible space so as to remove as
many veils as possible between software and hardware.  Jeff has commented
on the surprising ease of programming in Forth as a professional; as newby
amateur I find CF restoring friendly communication between me and my PC
(same as I used to enjoy with Fig and my Z80).

This is not to disparage good honest commercial Forths (I am happy with one
from MPE) nor C; but for my own special "onesy" music project I found the
OS was interfering with its hidden interrupts, and even the C source was
becoming too complex to follow.  In contrast, by patiently studying CF's
North Bridge block, and by following Chuck's advice to get good hardware
manuals, I seem to see a way opening up through the jungle of complexity.

Nick