Re: [colorforth] ?dup

"Chuck Moore" <chipchuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Perhaps the optimizing word ?dup could be renamed /dup . The
> original mnemonic intention was: is a dup necessary? The new
> mnemonic would be: cancel dup if possible.

xdup

but ?dup is fine.  If it's clearer, don't worry about other
languages.

> That is, if present use isn't entrenched?

Well, I wouldn't care about backwards compatibility at this early
time.  You're defining the language, what we call a BDFL, "benevolent
dictator for life".

Committees don't work when it comes to creativity.  All the great
languages and operating systems are one (or two) man shows.

Any eta on CF II?
--
KBK