Re: [colorforth] DOES> How is colorForth different from other Forths?

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Nick Maroudas wrote:

> > Oh! You meant his site. You're absolutely right. This is definitely the
> > beginnings of a great manual.
> >
> > -- Art
> >

>   Hi, Art
>
>   Yes, plus the white comments in some of Chuck's code.  Multum in parvo.
> But a set of simple HOW TO pages, Linux style, would be a nice place for
> users to pool their hardwon practical tips.
>
>   For instance, a CF ikon HOWTO ?  Supposing I were to kick off with the
> kiddy stuff about HOWTO use the xor arrows to draw a cute little white star,
> might that not induce somebody to add the more advanced bit about how he
> manages to call up that star from the keyboard?  Which might induce
> someone else to show HOWTO write (and even read?) music notation in CF.
> Linux is strong on disciplined HOWTOs - less than a manual but more than
> scattered tips.

One thought about this. Should this documentation be integrated with
colorForth? Should colorForth have the ability to edit and view marked up
documentation? Maybe this would be part of the FML that Chuck mentioned
breifly.

I understand colorForth is nice envrironment for running experiments
unencumbered by the many layers in present in current systems. Does any
one else have an interest in colorForth as a user system? If so it might a
good idea to think of how documentation might be integrated.

Mark