[colorforth] Strage ColorForth results

Hello all,

In an effort to better understand branching in
colorforth, I implemented the simplest branch
word I could think of, 0=.  As most of you know
0= takes the top number on the stack and if it's
0 replaces it with a 1, otherwise it replaces it
with a 0.  I implemented this two different ways:

: 0? ? drop if 0 ; then 1 ;

and

: 0? ? if drop 0 ; then drop 1 ;

Now here is the strange part.  Both
implementations work, but only HALF of the time!
What I mean is, if I load the screen with either
definition once it may work, but the next time
I load it (without even making any changes) it
doesn't.  Then it works again.  (When it doesn't
work it always replaces TOS with 1).  Thinking
this was a bug in ColorForth for Windows (what
I normally use) I tested it with standalone
ColorForth, and I got the same results.  What's
going on here?

Regards,

John M. Drake