Re: [colorforth] ForthBox and FPGA

i forgot to add in my previous message:
Nvidia chips are truly computers in their
own sense.

Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:

On Monday 01 March 2004 05:37 pm, Adam Marquis wrote:
Now it gets interesting, thats the kind of info I love to see popping
through!
PWM can do color on a TV? hmmm, never thought of it, perhaps because

Pulse Width Modulation is a method of encoding analog voltages using only digital signals. It relies on the exploitation of a low-pass filter's (usually linear) skirt response to arrive at any arbitrary output voltage.

However, it comes at a major price. To get the same effect as an 8-bit DAC, you need to drive the output at 256x oversampling. To get the effect of a 16-bit DAC, you need to get 65536x oversampling. As you can see, it gets expensive pretty quickly.

Let's assume that 10-bit resolution is all that is necessary. To drive the NTSC signal, 6.0MHz of bandwidth is necessary to properly encode the lumanence, color burst, and if any, the audio subcarrier (itself both frequency and phase modulated to get stereo sound). To minimize quantization noise, you should sample at 4x the desired bandwidth, or in this case, 24MHz. With 10-bit resolution, that's another 1024x oversampling, or 2.4GHz. Is it doable? Certainly. But in an FPGA? Not in any that I'm familiar with.
There was an awesome article in the Circuit Cellar of February, about the coolrunner2 cpld used to send wireless data, truly amazing, lots of information! Im sure you would love it, for the sake of your company buy the CDs conating all the issues, you wont regret it =) I would love to have them in PDF format, but cant decode them by myself and cant pay for them.

Same for my car, I never want to use a petroleum powered car, never.
And I wont allow that SHIT to continue. Air powered engines,

Yes, I would *love* to see compressed air vehicles. However, remember that doing so is like riding on a bomb (literally) even more volatile than a tank full of gas fumes. If you get into an accident and the air tank ruptures, you'll have only a few microseconds to make peace with the deity of your choice.
There's only a small air tank, as the motor can use a mechanical or electrical compressor.

for common vehicules, with a opensource controller (ala MegaSquirt),
running Forth, my favorite computer interfacing language,
on perhaps your ForthBox hardware is entirely possible to do.
There's even a patent!! But I would love it even more running
on custom hardware!!!

Yes, ForthBox would work very nicely for this. There is no need to waste time updating video while driving, since you're too busy looking at where you're going. When doing automotive diagnostics, however, video display can be trivial and highly useful. Certainly MUCH more useful than having to count the number of times the dash board lights blink to get a diagnosis of the car.
The copilot can do all these things! I would love to do it =)

from the same controller to your sound system, for complete digital
restitution and freedom (circuit cellar article on digital amp) of
building active noise cancellation, anything. Also, I can interface

I'm also a fan of active noise cancellation mufflers. They have the very unique advantage of being able to adjust to the engine's RPMs, which ensures proper cancellation at all RPMs, while allowing the exhaust to flow quite freely.

In our school project, we must do ANC or a bondary layer turbine made of cardboard. The project's paper must be handed on March, 17. The theme is ventilation systems. The task is broken in physics, chemistry and biology; it has to do with my IBO diploma program.

I have my own little theory, that radiant energy alone (no light)
can make plants grow, I have to try it (see keelynet, chlorophyll
energy) and build something that enables me to prove that is has
value.

Chlorophyl requires light to function. Interestingly, it works by converting light to electricity (literally; chlorophyl releases an electron for every photon it receives. It is the sole chemical substance, in fact, that is responsible for the research into organic LEDs and other organic semiconductors! However, it's not direct electricity -- after the electron is released, the chlorophyl converts it to an ion, which is used in later chemical processes to create food for itself).
Actually we're learning that in bilogy, and I showed my teacher my research material (not to the fullest of the theory below), she asked what do you wish to be? I blablated,
but I wished I could have said I dont wann be, I am! =)

Ankhenaton, radiant energy, sungazing.com, the page at keelynet,
they're all related somehow. Even heard of an experiment using the
sun to make a tin sheet radioactive, by using a 10 inch fresnel lens.
(cant recall much more, sorry, but will search if someone is
interested)

Keelynet is loaded with documents that are demonstrably (yes, demonstrably) false and inaccurate with the real-world. I really would NOT consider Keelynet a valuable source of scientific knowledge.
This experiment will be tried, i jope to show that there's indeed chlorophyll,
as suggested in
http://www.keelynet.com/biology/darklife.htm

--
Samuel A. Falvo II

As always, I simply can't wait to discuss with you lol
(viva signature headers)
-- Adam Marquis