Re: [colorforth] ForthBox and FPGA (was: Ideas)

Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:

>There is not a single VHDL or Verilog simulation tool available
>for Linux that is in any way usable (I know, I tried).
>Windows costs me money.  The programmer kit costs me money.
>And for what, maybe 10 kits?  AT MOST?  It's a net loss.

What problem did you have with Icarus Verilog and gtkwave? I have
simulated designs with way more than 50kgates with those tools on an
iMac. I'm taking RTL sims here, not gatelevel simulations.

I use VCS during my day job, so I know what it feels like to use the
best tools that money can buy. Icarus is no where near as good as VCS,
which costs tens of thousands of dollars, but Icarus is usable.

-Keith