Re: [colorforth] Reverse engineering the BIOS

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Albert van der Horst wrote:

> Dear all,
> This is a side trail. We want to analyse the BIOS in order
> to extract information about interfacing colorforth to the hardware.
> Whoever wants to be involved, will have to contact me directly,
> because I will not burden the colorforth mailing list after this
> message (until practical successes.)

I am just curious what you expect to find. The two sources of
incompatibility of colorForth are the floppy and video. The video is
hopeless unless you are prepared to write a driver for the card. For the
floppy perhaps a look at the bios will provide insight. However in
this case you are not interested in whole bios, just the part that deals
with floppy. This is just something to consider, you may find the
complexity of the bios undermines a complete understanding.

Mark