but once again colorforth
comes to tempt me with its
limitative but distinctive
hashing algo...

http://www.openbios.org/development/devbios.html

This guy opened the door.
Let's go through it, so the fun begins!

Reprogramming the bios...
on minimal one need access to other non-RAM
memory (Hard/floppy/usb/network drive, IDE is easy)
and we patch the current one with our loader.
It has to do a bit of the bios' job, but the goal
is to rip the secrecy layer around pc hardware.
lets REALLY program the graphic boards ;p

Adam Marquis

howerd.oakford@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Albert,

The BIOS _should_ provide low-level access to your PC hardware.
To the extent that it does it can provide some very useful information.
I think the BIOS analyser is an excellent idea!
This would be especially useful for creating a Forth BIOS.
What a lovely concept...

Regards

Howerd