From: alain
To: colorforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 8:30 PM
Subject: [colorforth] Understanding something

Bonjour,

When editing bloc 22, I see :
swap 168b 2, c28b0689 , ;

I understand that it is the creation of the word SWAP (in red).
I understand 2,  (two bytes in dictionary)
I understand , (four bytes in dictionary)
I understand ;
But what are :
169b
c28b0689
Is it machine-code like Datas in some old Basic programs ?

I am writing (or hope to do so) some "manuel" for french beginners in
colorForth : this "thing" is fascinating.
I have used it with only floppys on an "old computer" : P166 and S3
Virge (with Terry's version). It goes very well.
I use too the "Linux version" XcolorForth : it is easier to write doc.

Regards

Alain
--
http://lerautal.free.fr