Re: [colorforth] /. and the new bios

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 maslicke@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case. Apple and
> Sun computers use Open Firmware which is a Forth used as the
> bios.

> The new Intel bios is written in C and designed to be
> extended with C compiled bytecode. I have not seen the
> bytecode, so I don't know how close it is to Forth.

Nevertheless it is exciting and good news. It is much easier
to transform commented c into Forth than uncommented assembler.
This opens the prospect of adding colorforth to the BIOS-rom,
to be started with a special key stroke like ctrl-alt-F.

<SNIP>

        One man-hour to invent,
                One man-week to implement,
                        One lawyer-year to patent.