[colorforth] Editing ColorForth on the Windows machine

Hi ColorForth and Win32Forth news groups,

Alex wrote
ColorForth is not an ANS Forth; the colour of the words there is part
of the meaning of the word. The language itself requires colour; a
red DUP is different from a yellow DUP. Regardless of my opinion of
whether that's a good thing or not, I would 100% support you in
developing a colourising editor for colorForth, because without it the
language just doesn't work.

I gatherer that you mean you would support the idea of a colonizing editor
in the Windows version of ColorForth.  I like that idea.  Does that mean
that the Windows version of color Forth cannot be used to edit ColorForth
source code, currently?  That to mean that it can only be viewed and perhaps
executed.  That sounds surprising to me.

I am still trying to find someone who will demonstrate the use of color
Forth, Windows version c/o the use of VNC.  It seems like most people are
somewhat afraid of the unknown.  Actually VNC is very easy to use and
harmless to either the viewing or the serving hardware and software.
ideally after a practice session with me, that brave soul could present to
the Silicon Valley Forth interest group one of these Saturday's by using
VNC.

Thank You,

John A. Peters, japeters@xxxxxxxxxxx

Win32Forth applications user, specifier, tester & dreamer.
I am a non-programmer, with more ideas than expertise.