[colorforth] ANN c4thchess and c4thche2 (inclds personnal note To: HOakford)

After repeated attempts to send to this list, I've added a new mail
account  just to send to this list. If you care to see the older posts
about the two colorForth chess's that I have coded, please do a search
for 'c4thches' in comp.lang.forth, there are, maybe, 4-5 relevent
entries there.

This was one of those posts ( minor changes) and I'm hoping to G that
it finally gets through. :)

Reporting.

Code for c4thChes2 complete. :)
and a "copy and advance" block saveing
system to use with game or codeing.

c4thchess 0.05 now uses c4thches2 to document games.
(well it doesn't, you do. :) )

I've done a web page of the block code and its being served by a
contact I met on irc.freenode.net /join #forth. His nickname is 'futhin'
and the link to the ( not exactly current but working ) code in colored html,
plus my image of the disk, a more complete web page of the entire disk
( .bak.html) , and a jpeg of a prototype I did on a windows version of
cf is hosted at his site.
Also a .css to render the html in color.

http://thin.bespin.org/c4th/

The '.img' at the site is not intended to be a distribution, but if it
works for you, fine. It's more about the colored code on the html
page, blocks 79 and up.

Thank you, futhin, for your support of the project thus far!

I will be giving the finished code and an image that is fronted by
Terry Loveall's version of Chuck's original Jul 31 colorForth to Tim
Nietz to share with the world from  his site. If Howerd Oakford cares
to included it in his package, as well as anyone else who may be
interested, just get it from the link or mail me directly and I will
be pleased to send it to you.

This will happen ( maybe two weeks ) after I finish writing a
beginners tutorial for the editor using the chess code as the basis.

I've switched all of Terry Loveall's ( seems to have disappeared and I
can't find him anywhere. If someone knows Terry -- maybe they can
report on his well being :) )  changes back to Chuck's in regards to
the display code. I've fixed a bug in 'less' but if you know of any
other
bugs in that code, especially concerning Icons ( or so I've heard )
please make me aware of them. :)

This worked for me fine.

Though I've already changed much of what is there, you can see where
I'm trying to take this.

I need help with jumptables and/or arrays as I am a hobbiest
programmer and have never used the concept. It seems very easy to
understand, therefore my problem. :)

If some one would like to step up and explain the impilmentation of
the jumptable, the best that I could return would be a by-line in the
tutorial.

-- With high regards
Ray St. Marie 2
Raystm2 irc freenode.net /join #c4th #c4th-ot #forth
Ray.stmarie@xxxxxxxxx

PS. Dear Howerd,
I'm not sure that you're recieving my reply to your reply to me. Therefore,
_please_ , download that image and make the changes you suggested.
Or mail me, and I will send you anything you need from me to
accomplish this wonderful favor that you have offered to me.
I am so looking forward to 'playing' with your code.

Oh and congrats and thanks and 'Good on you' for cfdos3.1. My new
favorite cf disc lookeeloo! ( now I dont have to unzip it every use !
: ) very cool indeed. )