Re: [colorforth] Weird LOAD crash

Hi arke :)

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:23:02 -0800, Chris Walton
<chris.r.walton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using Mark Slicker's VESA-cf (basically, the CM CF with VESA and
> terry loveall's floppy code), and there is one weird bug that is
> horrifically annoying me:
>
> LOAD will not work.
Did it ever work for you? If you already know that 'LOAD' works in the
raw ( before you made changes ) version then , most likely, while
editing, you may have disturbed the previously coded blocks.

>Either it crashes colorforth, or it sets the
> current block to the loaded block and then says that the calling word
> doesn't exist.
>
> Examples:
>
> I have the mandelbrot code on block 70 and 72. I then added the
> following to block 18 (after colors, before mark empty)
>   : mandel  70 load ;
> When I save, restart, and type "mandel", it will set the current block
> to 70, then show the colorforth logo and say "mandel?". the block
> doesnt seem to have been loaded at all.

Since 'mandel" isn't in the dictionary, and it's on blk 18,  then the
problem is in the code above the definition to define mandle.

Things to check...
1  on block 18 make sure all the yellow load statements have numbers
before them.
2. and make sure all the yellow load statements are present "24 load
26 load 28 load 30 load".
3. go to each associated block with a load statement and
    a. make sure you didn't inadvertantly add anything to the block
    b. make sure you didn't inadvertanly subtract anything to the block
    c. make sure you didn't redefine somewhere else anything in the
blks of blk 18 load list
        you can make html images of the original files from mark and the one
       you added code  too and get a side by side look at any changes
you may have made.
4. make sure that the load calls you define on 18 go above 'mark
empty' unless you want to
    default turn them off.

> another thing: in order for me to be able to load from the shell, i
> added : load load ; into block 18 several times, and every time it
> will crash. I also tried it in a separate block and loading that
> block, and it will crash.
I'm not sure I understand what's happening here or why your doing it
but maybe the first thing will clear up the second.

If you find that the colorforth code is all correct, then maybe the
blocks 0-17 have been damaged. You can build another by making sure to
append your new code to a freshly buit front end.

> Any ideas? Thanks :)
>
> -- Chris
>
> --
> I F34R N0N3 F0R F0RTH SH4LL GUID3 M3