Re: [colorforth] Weird LOAD crash / response

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Chris Walton wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using Mark Slicker's VESA-cf (basically, the CM CF with VESA and
> terry loveall's floppy code), and there is one weird bug that is
> horrifically annoying me:
>
> LOAD will not work. Either it crashes colorforth, or it sets the
> current block to the loaded block and then says that the calling word
> doesn't exist.
>
> Examples:
>
> I have the mandelbrot code on block 70 and 72. I then added the
> following to block 18 (after colors, before mark empty)
>   : mandel  70 load ;
> When I save, restart, and type "mandel", it will set the current block
> to 70, then show the colorforth logo and say "mandel?". the block
> doesnt seem to have been loaded at all.
>
> another thing: in order for me to be able to load from the shell, i
> added : load load ; into block 18 several times, and every time it
> will crash. I also tried it in a separate block and loading that
> block, and it will crash.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks :)
>
> -- Chris

Chris, Tim here.

I think the issues happening could be as follows.

The mandel? is cf's way of saying there is an error loading the code.
Starting the editor should show where in the code the error occured.

: load load ;

Is a recursive loop, that also has a data stack issue because load consumes
one argument from the data stack.

With kind regards,
Tim Neitz
rj_cf on #c4th freenode.net