Re: [colorforth] Re-connecting

The 'many thousands of pages' and 'access to it in different ways several
times a day' is a web browser. I just ran thru my typical web browsing session
with the open source web browser kylie and it generated 1.3M of cache.

For the best consise description of a web browser see:
http://siag.nu/myhtml/
Provides the C source for a text only web browser.

Here are the relevent lines:
-------
Here's a whole browser:

   1. Start with a url given on the command line.
   2. Parse the url.
   3. Use http to deliver the url into a cache file. The name of the file is
      returned to the main loop.
   4. The file is parsed into a tree.
   5. The tree is displayed.
   6. References are listed.
   7. The user enters a number or ^D to quit.
   8. The reference is combined with the current url to make a new one.
   9. Continue with 1.

Done: line mode browser in under 1000 lines.
------------

For an even better functional description of a graphical web browser see the
README for kylie. Download the latest version from:
ftp://siag.nu/pub/kylie/kylie-0.0.7.tar.gz

kylie project home:
http://siag.nu/kylie/

This is not an endorsement or advocacy about kylie, this is pointing at one of
the clearest expositions on the logical structure of a web browser that I
found in my research. The kylie README breaks down the structure and dynamic
construction of a single linked list of simple objects that represent a URL.

Implementation details for colorForth will be radically different from
X+Xaw+Mowitz. But the overall structural analysis is sound.

Regards,
Terry Loveall