RE: [colorforth] New Linux 4word

Hi Mark + Terry,

I consider ASCII to be transitory. I reckon I am about 10 - 20 evenings away
from a complete colorForth in colorForth. But free evenings are rare these
days.... :(

There is a real culture shock when leaving the "bedrock" of ASCII. Its a bit
like when Wily Coyote runs over the cliff - he's fine until he looks down.
In fact life without ASCII is surprisingly solid, provided you don't look
down!

Chuck's original cf includes ASCII<-->cf tables, and I have extended it in
my distribution to include a complete 7 bit ASCII font.

A similar culture shock is the limited character set of the colorForth
tokens - I wanted to add "x = 1234" etc to the Mandelbrot program and my
first reaction was panic - cf has no "=" sign in its token set. But a quick
paradigm shift, a tweak or two with the Icon editor and it turns out to be
completely trivial. So trivial, in fact that it looked impossible.

I learnt that token value, meaning and glyph are be three separate things,
and that you don't need ASCII ( or any other standard ) to use them. This is
why I like colorForth!

Regards

Howerd  8^)

PS any news on USB?