RE: [colorforth] New Linux 4word

> The primary feature of colorForth source is that it is preparsed, so
> that functions of the compiler are handled by the editor. colorForth
> source distinguishes not just between interpret and compile, but also
> between numbers and text. This is not simply a matter of
> character set
> ASCII vs. huffman.

I'm aware of that; I was asking Terry what was his intended path to CF.
Your answer suggests that, starting from classic Forth, the upgrade path to
a CF-like system would be:
1. preparsed source
2. Tokenized source
3. Huffman encoding
Is it right? Or would you advise just to all this in one pass?

> Another Forth I have seen (herkforth), takes the colorForth
> concept a step further and builds the dictionary at edit time. The text of
> word is not stored in source, instead and index is stored which
> corresponds with a dictionary entry. A dictionary entry holds, among other
things, the
> text of the word.

Hmmmm... Aha technology?

 Amicalement,